We all do not agree completely about things in life, but here goes my list of the TEN most powerful beings in the Star Trek universe. I have never read a Star Trek novel before so I know nothing about the beings in them. So here goes my list of the Ten Most powerful beings in the Star Trek Universe.
1) The Q simply for the fact that they and him have been around since the beginning of the universe. Q is so powerful that he can be silly with it. He travels through time like we would wind an old watch.
2) The Douwd ( I think I spelled that right). A being so powerful that with a single thought he destroyed 50 billion beings, their whole civilization with a simple thought. Many of you on here says that he do not have the power to restore his wife back to life but I think the reason is that he just did not want to what was done was done. Besides a being that powerful can go back in time to the point before she was killed and change what happened. Put in spite of how powerful the above two beings and their species are they are not perfect at least not 100% perfect like GOD is.
3) The Organians so powerful that Spock said that they were as far above us as were are above an amoeba. They project their will tens if not hundreds of light years and disarmed the whole Federation and Klingon fleets. Making things TOO HOT TO HANDLE.
4) Trelane or something like that. He was the being from the TOS series The Squire of Gathos in which he moved a whole planet through space to block the path of the Enterprise and it crew. Actually I should say that his or its parents are the most powerful when you consider that Trelane was only a child. A very spoil brat at that but a child never the less. If a child could do that, I mean move planets around like that then think about what his mommy and daddy could do without trying. I once read online somewhere that this Trelane was a member of the Q Com, but I am not sure on that.
5) Sargon from the TOS series. At the time the Enterprise USS1701 ran across him he had been alive for over 1/2 a million years probing the universe with his mind. He did have the power to bring back the dead. He was also able to transport Kirk and company through over 100 miles of solid planet. His race was so powerful that if things had worked out they would have given the Federation technology to build starships with engines the size of walnuts.
6)The builders of the Dyson Sphere. When I watch that episode on TNG I often wonder how such a thing could be done. Data said the sphere had a diameter of 250 million kilometers and that it could contain over 250 million M class planets. When you consider that the sun is so huge that it wold take 1 million earths to fill it up we are taking about this thing is big enough to hold 250 times the volume of the sun. Scotty told LaForge just think about the engineering it would take to just design the thing. Anyone in the movies industry that might be reading this, how about making a movie and calling it the builders of the Dyson Sphere. Just think about how long it would have taken to build that thing. And do you ever wonder where they got the material to build it? When you consider that the average distance between stars is about 5 light years and when you also consider that in order to build this sphere you had to dismantle whole planets and somehow convert the planets material to carbon neutronium. I say convert because neutronium is what is left over after a massive star goes nova and when a star becomes a neutron star the left overs is that that big in volume. About the size of a city and it would take billions of them to make a sphere 250 kilometer across.
I envision for tens of millennium huge star ships in the remote past plowing through space bring loads of matter to the neutronium conversion area to be converted to the stuff. Funny thing though, they were that brilliant but they didn't know the star they were surrounding would become unstable and they would have to leave.
7) The might Iconian Empire maybe I should have placed them in the number 6 position because they were able to move whole stars. They were going to replace the star in their home system but it went nova and destroyed them all or at least those in that system. You can read about that in the Next Generation series I forgot the episode it was in.
8) Gary Mitchell, the glowing eyed human that was change to a godling when the Enterprise tried to break through the galaxy barrier in TOS episode of "Where no man has gone before." I just wished that they did not have to kill him off but then and again this is make believe and they could revive him in a future series or movie. Which by the way they already did in Star Trek of Gods and Men. But that was a freaky sort of movie but I liked it anyway. I would like to see someone make a movie in which after that rock fell on him in the TOS that right after the Enterprise left orbit his power regenerated so much that he came back to life and turn that planet into a paradise and say doing Next Generation Time some ship revisit that planet and find ole Gary almost as powerful as the Q. Would be interesting to see such a movie. They could call it, "The Resurrection of Gary Mitchell".
9) I don't recall the name of the episode but I know it was on TNG and he was a being running from his people because they wanted to destroy those going through a process that would be the next step in their evolution. I remember Worf falling from a height and this being went down to him and places his hand on Worf and he was made whole again. And that the ship was infected with some sort of illness and he touched the ship and everyone was made well. Later on towards the end of the show he transported those chasing him unto the Enterprise and after that he turned into pure energy and flew off into space.
10) Kess, Neelix' girlfriend on Voyager. She hurled the ship over 10,000 light years out of Borg space after she went through some form of transformation. Not bad for someone that usually live less than a decade. But they had to get rid of her so that super sexy Borg Seven of Nine could come into the picture. Talking about super hot.
So there you have it my choice of the Ten Most Powerful Beings or races in the Star Trek Universe. Wonder how well I did.