This isn't going to be overly helpful, but all I remember is the last scene as it was deemed "too scary" for me to watch, but I slipped into the room and watched the last bit of it.
Time frame: Pre-2000
The boy in the film wakes up and the house is on fire. He and his parents run outside, the firefighters come and put out the fire. One of the firemen carry a microwave out and says "This seems to be the cause of the fire". The parents open the microwave and inside is a black chunk of rock. The boy yells at his parents (in a British accent) "Don't touch it, it's evil". They touch it anyways and promptly disappear and then the movie ends.