Throughout the ME series we see Reapers being destroyed. Notable examples of this are:
- Sovereign in ME1 after it was disabled
- The Reaper on Rannoch
- The Reaper on Tuchanka
- During the Final battle for Earth by some species' dreadnought (with good war assets)
- Possibly during the Battle for Palaven (I seem to remember the Turians damaging/destroying at least 1)
We also know of at least 2 other confirmed Reaper deaths:
- The derelict Reaper orbiting Mnemosyne in the Thorne system of the Hawking Eta.
- The Leviathan of Dis which was hidden by the evil evil Batarians, long may the racist bastards suffer in the depths of batarian hell.
According to the game however the Reapers only produce one additonal Reaper per cycle and this is confirmed by the wiki (which is not really a good source)
"Available information suggests that a single race is harvested during each cycle to produce Reaper Capital Ships"
So I see a problem with the math here. Our cycle alone has killed at least 3 Reapers and other cycles have managed to kill two at least as well. I imagine that, though our cycle has been the only one that we know of to mount a large, unified full scale war on the Reapers, other cycles would have had an approximately equally strong military. If we were able to kill so many Reapers I predict that other cycles should have been able to kill at least one per cycle through whatever means. I am aware by the way that other cycles had their government and communications immediately destroyed by the Reapers, but they still should have been able to mount at least 1 solid stand despite this.
So the problem is that the Reapers reproduce at the rate of 1 per cycle, but could be being killed at a rate equal to or greater than 1 per cycle. This is not sustainable if my assumptions are correct.
Am I incorrect in assuming other cycles had weapons as strong as ours?