Obviously Data has his cat Spot and Picard has his fish. Bit of a random question, but what other pets do we know that reside on the Enterprise-D i.e. how many do we know about?
We know about :
- Christina, O'Brien's tarantula (TNG: Realm of Fear)
- Livingston, Picard's Lionfish
- The two Spots, Data's cats (kudos Xantec)
- Amanda Rogers' three dogs for a brief period (TNG: True Q) (Kudos Xantec)
- Worf's Targ for a few seconds (TNG: Where No One Has Gone Before) (Kudos Xantec again!)
- Tasha Yar's cat for a few seconds (TNG: Where No One Has Gone Before) (Kudos Xantec)
We also know that there are other cats:
BARCLAY: I'm curious, sir. Who's the father?
DATA: I am not certain. Spot has escaped from my quarters on several occasions and there are twelve male felines on board. I intend to run a full DNA analysis on the kittens once they
It seems there may have been at least one male and one female dog as well:
In early 2365, a litter of puppies visited the nursery aboard the Enterprise-D. Ian Troi was among the children who played with the puppies. (TNG: "The Child")
For a short time, the being in the form of the dog Maura was on the ship, but didn't 'reside' on the Enterprise-D per-se.
So, there's at least 24 pets on board that we have seen, including those that were there for a brief period of time (not counting the puppies), but there were probably many more that we didn't see.
Not on the Enterprise-D, but just a fun fact, Dr Zimmerman's holographic lizard was called Leonard