In addition to the root beer crate transaction of 10 strips.
Memory Alpha also offers this comparative chart
The following provides comparison on the value of latinum for specific items. Further details of each item may be seen above.
- Cadet's uniform - five strips
- Dress from Garak's Clothiers - seventeen to twenty strips
- Life savings
- Nog - five bars
- Quark - one hundred bricks and six hundred bars
- Rom - seventeen bars, three strips, and five slips
- Morica Bilby - five to thirty bars a week
- Quark's [Bajoran] employees during the Cardassian Occupation - one slip per day
- Quark's dabo girls on DS9 - fourteen strips per pay cycle (undetermined)
- Janel Tigan - more than a thousand bars a day
- Quark - five bars a day
- Holosuite programs
- A Visit with the Pleasure Goddess of Rixx - ten strips
- Custom holosuite program - one bar
I think the most relevant indicator is the wage of the Dabo girls. They are basically dealers in a casino who are also hired for their looks. Not only do dealers earn a salary but they also often earn tips when the players are winning. We don't know what a 'pay cycle' is, but if a Bjoran slave only made 1 slip per day and a Dabo girl makes 14 strips per period (maybe 1 strip per day (in a 2 week pay period), or 100 times more than a Bajoran slave per day) and the average Blackjack dealer makes roughly $601 every two weeks, we can guess that a strip is worth around $43 in today's money, and a slip is $0.43. This makes a bar worth $860.
I also have this anecdotal evidence from the chat room.
Wad Cheber - $5
Jack B Nimble - buck twenty five.
phantom42 - tree-fiddy