This question already has an answer here:
- Who are Hope's parents? 3 answers
I'm finally catching up on the whole "Avengers vs. X-Men" arc, and it seems fairly obvious to me that Hope Summers is a clone (or something) of Jean Grey. However, upon reading up on her, it seems that Hope "The Mutant Messiah" Summers was born to non-mutant parents living in a town somewhere in Alaska. She was later adopted by Cable, hence the last name "Summers". In my opinion, she seems to be a rather blatant replacement for Jean, but even in-universe the two share too many similarities to NOT be related:
- Same physical appearance (seriously, she looks IDENTICAL to the teenage Jean. See?)
- Same shy, yet fiery personality
- Both Omega-level mutants (albeit different powers)
- Both have telepathic/telekinetic powers (Hope has a different primary power but still...)
- Both have a connection to the Phoenix Force, which is very rare. In fact, so far the only people who have had a natural connection with the Phoenix has been Jean and her "daughters"
It's also important to note that the Summers family, in particular, have a history rife with clones, duplicates, & alternate timelines.
Is there any evidence or hints in-universe that Hope is actually a clone/copy/genetic offspring/etc. of Jean Grey? Or has anyone with Marvel commented on the similarities?