As far as I can tell, these are some roles within the Psi Corps we know about:
- Psi Cops, who track down and re-acquire rogue telepaths
- New recruits (mostly children) being taught about their telepathic abilities (such as how to suppress scanning by reciting nursery rhymes over and over)
- Teachers of the above
- People who promote the Psi Corps by producing promotional videos etc
- People who administer the telepathic inhibitor drugs
- Commercial telepaths
- Those who work with the police, scanning victims
- Ship crews (for mothership and shuttles)
- Maintenance crews (for the above as well as Black Omega Squadron)
- Leaders who do covert things like collaborate with the Shadows
- People who "re-habilitate" rogue telepaths and "re-integrate" them into the Corps (not sure if these are also counted as Psi Cops)
Does this account for the majority of members? I'm just thinking, if someone like Talia wanted to take a different route than being a commercial telepath, what would be her options? And what does she do when she doesn't have any clients at the moment?
I'd be particularly interested to hear from anyone who's read the Psi Corps Trilogy novels, which I haven't.