I remember reading a collection of classic SciFi short stories with one chapter about each of the nine planets, but I can't find any reference to it.
Here is what I remember.
- Mercury: Takes place on the boundary between the dark and light side, and the sun is going to rise and fry everyone.
- Venus: When the characters go outside, they are surrounded by a reflective force field. They also float on a lake of liquid mercury.
- Jupiter: Ship descends to the surface, and remote controlled robot or lifeform encounters the natives.
- Saturn: Ship lands on the surface and it is like an ocean.
- Neptune: Hot air balloon like ship floats through the upper atmosphere and encounters jellyfish like creatures that are also floating around there.
I can't remember the stories for the rest of the planets.
Has anyone ever seen/read this compilation of nine short stories?