I remember reading this story in the early 1980s but don't remember if it was a newer release at the time. I do know I didn't buy the used paperback.
- A man is injured in a space construction job (I think)
- He wakes up to find he has been reconstructed
- His cybernetic arm is limited to normal human strength but he hacks to enable superhuman strength with another cybernetic capability (able to interact at the microscopic level)
- he calls it an "atomic screwdriver"??? I may just be conflating this with the Doctor Who sonic screwdriver name in my feeble memory but it wasn't a separate device but rather a built-in capability via cybernetic implant
- I do remember he regrets that they restored his face to its original appearance rather than improving his looks :)
Anybody remember this book?