I'm hoping this isn't too opinion based, but I completely lost track of the narrative in the newly released (US at least) Evangelion 3.33.
I followed 1 and 2 well enough, but I'm trying to figure out:
1) Is there an actual explanation for what happened in 3.33 or 2) Did the narrative fall apart to such a degree that there is no coherent explanation or 3) Is this supposed to be this way because there's a fourth film underway?
I know Evangelion lore can often defy scrutiny, but there always seemed to be a visible arc or through line in the narrative that became so obtuse in this release that I'm at a total loss for even a basic summary.
Maybe I can further explain with the following points that are lost on me:
- The Vessel of the Adams is...
- It was originally part of the Wunder?
- Kaworu Nagisa, who seemed to be on the moon in part 1, is now a part of what used to be Nerv and is...?
- Was Kaworu tricked into tricking Shinji into starting the 4th impact? Which happened because he's an angel and removed spears that weren't the right spears from a Lilith that wasn't a Lilith and..