There's a fan theory that it was possibly Boba Fett who killed Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru in A New Hope, instead of Storm Troopers, as Obi-Wan thought).
This is a big jump (that Obi Wan was wrong) — but listen to the reasons in favour of this idea:
- Boba Fett was reasonably close by at Mos Eisley with Jabba (according to Canon)
- Vader was clearly frustrated at how slow his men were going, and in The Empire Strikes Back we see the Empire resort to using Bounty Hunters to solve a problem.
- Storm Troopers have no reason to cover up the murdering of Jawas by making it look like Sand People attacked. Whereas a Bounty hunter would want to prevent other Bounty hunters from grabbing his prize.
In The Empire Strikes Back, Vader reprimands Boba Fett saying
I want them alive - no disintegrations!
This seems to be a hint that Boba Fett got it wrong last time.
- Who else have we seen disintegrated? The Jawas, Owen and Beru.
- Disintegration wouldn't happen by blaster fire or even a Lightsaber. It would take more, it would take burning the bodies.
- We know Fett has a weapon on his arm to easily burn a victim of his choosing.
My question is: Is there any evidence to suggest that Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen were killed by Boba Fett and not the Storm Troopers?