There was a book I read when I was a kid in the early 80s, and I can't remember what it was called. It was a collection of short stories that were loosely connected. Here is what I remember:
- The overall tone of the book was good against evil
- one of the stories talks about a group who are being attacked by 'space moss' , and they killed it by grabbing onto an external radio antenna, and the radio energy destroyed the moss. I think they picked up the moss during a stopover on a planet, but I can't recall.
- one of heroes names is 'Dominic'
- Another story talks about an attack on a planet by pirate spaceships that traveled in single-file so only showed up as one silhouette
- I think one of the villains name was 'Incus(sp)'
I know that's vague, but that's all I can remember