I saw some of this film several years ago (2007?). It was being shown on a TV screen behind the counter in a shop, so I heard absolutely no audio and have no idea of e.g. any of the characters' names. Here's what I could piece together of what it was all about:
- Most of it was a western-style film, with men in cowboy hats riding around on horses, shooting at each other, and so on.
- There were three main characters: an older man, a younger man, and a woman. The younger man is the primary character, I think the woman is his love interest, and the older man is possibly some kind of mentor or father figure.
- The two men have a plan which involves a time machine . For some reason, I think they need to crash a train into the time machine in order to travel into the future.
- They hijack a train by galloping up behind it on horseback, climbing along the tops of the carriages from the rear end, and pointing guns at the driver and fireman to make them jump out.
- Meanwhile, the woman has been secretly following them. She also gallops up behind the train and climbs along it starting from the rear end.
- The plan succeeds, and we see the younger man waking up in modern America and driving around in his truck. He goes in search of the woman, and finds her on a veranda outside another house.
- For some reason, a scene that stuck in my mind is when the two of them are waiting at traffic lights next to another truck, both revving their engines. The lights turn green, and the other truck roars away, while the truck our heroes are in goes backwards instead.
- Finally, right at the end of the film (I think), the older man shows up again. He'd presumably gone even further into the future, since he returned to visit the other two while riding on a brightly-coloured train with wings. He talks to them for a while and then takes off, the train zooming into the sky and disappearing.
The time travel elements should be enough to make this on-topic here. Anyone have any idea what the film was called?