This question already has an answer here:
- A girl who transcends time 1 answer
I read this book probably 12-13 years ago, in my high school library. Here's the specifics I remember.
- I'm reasonably sure the title had the word "Crystal".
- The story follows a girl. At the beginning of the story she visits a library, when she leaves it she meets a stranger. She thinks the stranger is going to shoot her but instead they pull out a handkerchief.
- She meets a boy and falls in love. She is crew on a spaceship leaving earth. He ships out to surprise her but dies in cryosleep, along with one other passenger.
- I'm unclear on the next bit, but the girl ends up alone on the ship. She journeys to the edge of the universe and watches it collapse, and a new Big Bang. She travels through time to her own era, and becomes the stranger her past self meets in front of the library.
- She becomes a scientist and clones herself. She becomes the second passenger who dies on the way to the ship.
- Her clones end up saving the world, I really don't recall much about the end of the book.