This question already has an answer here:
So I read a book back in school (2000s), didn't finish it for whatever reason, and have been unable to remember the name or anything outside of a few small details.
Note, it's not Ender's Game or The Giver.
The details I know are:
- Main characters are boys aged 8-17ish.
- They're raised in a school/facility of sorts where everything adheres to a strict schedule.
- They sleep in 'pods' and have very little freedom.
- The main boys (I forget but I think there are 2-3) want to escape or to at least see the outside world.
- When they try to do so, the 'teacher' of sorts (as well as a security team) go after them. The teacher is an ex-soldier or special force unit, as when he gets hit in the face and his nose is broken, he is able to mentally move the pain around. As in, concentrate and move it from his broken nose to another part of his body to 'deal with later', so he can continue to chase after the boys.
That's all I have, but I would really appreciate any help! I've been looking for years. :(