I'm leaving on a road trip to Sweden soon and I want to watch some Classic Doctor Who while in the car. Because there are too many episodes to watch in that short period, I want to focus on the stories where the Doctor gives a speech or dialogue totally deconstructing the bad guy's plan: taking apart his evil plan, explaining what's wrong with it and essentially saying: "your plan won't work, here's why it won't work", either at the end of the episode or in short bursts between. I've found that I like those stories the most, because of these reasons:
- They nearly always end with the main monster of the week defeated and the doctor + companion triumphant;
- They nearly always showcase the doctor at his best: cunning, smart, quick thinker and hyperanalytical.
- In my opinion they show that no matter how good the enemy has his plan thought out, there is nearly always a way out for the heroes. It might not be realistic, but it makes for some really good viewing.
From New Who, the following stories show what I'm talking about (I can't really look up what the episode names are right now for some of them):
- S05E01: The Eleventh Hour
- S05 Christmas special: A Christmas Carol
- S07E15: The Day of the Doctor
- S08E05: Time Heist
- S09E07/E08: The Zygon Invasion/Inversion
- S09E11: Heaven Sent
Which of the Classic Doctor Who episodes match these criteria?-