From what I remember of Bane, he is pretty clearly Hispanic. I'm not sure to what extent this is implied or explicitly stated.
Offhand, I know that:
- He grew up in a Spanish speaking country, Santa Prisca, in a Spanish speaking prison.
- His mother was a native from Santa Prisca and was Hispanic.
- He called his childhood Teddy Osito, a Spanish word.
- He had a physical appearance in line with Hispanic people.
- In cartoons, he had a Hispanic accent.
One of the things I have noticed about The Dark Knight Rises is people being upset that Bane is no longer Hispanic. I have to admit this bothered me as well. However a colleague of mine didn't accept that Bane was Hispanic, as he speaks English and had an English father.
It seems pretty obvious to me that Bane is Hispanic but I suppose it is a matter of interpretation. Is there any firm evidence (preferably from a comic) that Bane is Hispanic?