First of all, i would like to clarify that my question is not a duplicate of this question. I know where the title “Stormborn” comes from, but my question is why does she have it at all?
I don't recall (m)any other characters having a title that they received at birth.
I understand that people are given titles/nicknames that they earned or are given by others:
- Jaime Lannister: The Kingslayer, given to him for killing his own king
- Robb Stark: The Young Wolf, given to him for being a young Stark who fights a war
- Jon Snow: King Crow, given to him by the wildlings for being the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch
- Daenerys Targaryen: Mother of Dragons, self-proclaimed title for bringing 3 dragons into the world
- Daenerys Targaryen: Breaker of chains, self-proclaimed title for freeing slaves in Slavers Bay
Throughout the TV series we see many people with these types of titles:
- The Mountain
- The Hound
- Barristan the Bold
- The Red Viper of Dorne
- The Black Fish
- Lord of Bones
We know that Daenerys has many titles and she loves telling people all of them, but why did she get a title at birth? No one else seems to run around with a title about the conditions that they were born in.
Also, the storm destroyed the Targaryen fleet.. Its not as if the storm brought victory for the Targaryens.
Is there any elaboration about this anywhere?