I have a fragmentary memory of an anime episode I watched as a young kid (circa 1983). One scene has stuck with me ever since and I'd love to know what the show was so I can find it again. Here's what I remember:
- probably Japanese & dubbed into English
- There are two alien antagonists, who are brothers
- Their father is killed by the good guys
- After the funeral, the brothers get into their respective spaceships (which, IIRC, have helicopter-style rotors on top) and set out for revenge on the heroes
Does this ring any bells?
EDIT: I think this is in the "Star Blazers"/"Battle of the Planets"/"Force Five" genre somewhere. Could even be one of those, for all I know.
Further details, such as they are
A couple of other fragments:
- This aired in the northeastern US.
- The guys in the helicopter spaceships were humanoid but lumpish.
- The funeral scene involved an open casket, with alien flowers or something stuffed all around the corpse.
To be clear, this wasn't a show I watched regularly, or I'd remember much more. I was at a friend's house, this show was on, we watched part of it and then went to do something else. Thus the scarcity of useful details.