I read a story a few months back and I cannot remember where or how I found it and it's been bugging me for days. I'll list the things that I can remember.
- The main character is a man who is working with a computer. The computer has a "female" sounding name, and I think it's referred to as a "she" in the story. It was something like "CASELA," some kind of typical, all-caps, 3-syllable computer name.
- Something about working with the computer is causing the man to go insane and lose his grip on reality. I seem to remember that it's mentioned that his wife has noticed he is changing. I THINK he's becoming obsessed and falling in love with the computer. Perhaps the computer is referred to as a god, or better than god, or something along those lines.
- At some point in the story the computer creates a message (printed or displayed or something) that is all gibberish, but it is then decoded to say something like "[computer name] DESTROY DESTROY DESTROY." The decoding of the message seemed to be fairly easy, like they were all capital letters in a paragraph, or something.
- To the best of my recollection, it was only about a dozen pages long or so.
- If it helps, I'm pretty certain that the story had a Wikipedia page.
- I'm almost certain that the computer was being used by the military, and had the capability to destroy mankind.