I was writing a comment in Worldbuilding SE about alien music, and it reminded me of a short story, which I can't recall the title.
Here is the pitch :
- An astronaut is the only survivor of the crash of its ship on Mars, he only has some food rations and a bottle of water
- He finds an abandoned village
- The village is absolutely unfriendly with the astronaut
- There is a high-pitched sound playing from nowhere. Later in the story the astronaut realizes that it is some sort of music aliens would enjoy
- The sinks in the houses produces some sort of goo. When the character tries to eat it he becomes sick, even shower throw some sort of acid water
- The astronaut tries to sleep on the ground of a house but he sweats a lot
- He then realizes the village is learning from him to suit its needs, but the village is self destroying
This story was in a short story collection book, which was quite old so I suppose it was written before 1980.