This question already has an answer here:
I trying to find the title of a science fiction movie I watched some years ago. Unfortunately I don't know how old the movie might be (or was at the time).
All I have to go on is a few memory fragments:
- A doctor travels to a strange world
- There is some sort of strife on this world, a war I believe
- Some people (at least one is shown as I remember) have the power to shout, or scream, at animals (and possibly humans) and thereby kill them. The scene I remember a dark skinned man uses this ability to kill a threatening leopard (or similar). (He inhales deeply and roars wordlessly.)
- There is a prison with a special prisoner, a woman I think. The prison guard is a large alien being
- There is a red ocean. I think the prisoner is brough there at some point though I can't remember why
I will add to this if I can remember any more details, but chances are slim since it was quite long ago that I watched it.
If you have any idea what the movie might be, I'd be very grateful.
This question adds details about some scenes and occurances that are not mentioned in the older question. Notably, voice powers, aliens and red ocean. Some of these details would likely have led me to find the previous question before posting my own.