When Mace Windu battled Chancellor Palpatine in the chancellor's office, they shattered the window in the office.
Anybody in a nearby building could see into the office and watch the final moments of the duel. I could imagine hundreds of cameras secretly watched every corner of the Senate office building day and night. (After all, various governments, news agencies, and corporations have cameras and microphones aimed at embassies and government office buildings all over the world here on Earth today.) And there are hundreds (thousands?) of air cars flying within a few kilometers of the office.
They would see the key moments leading up to the end of the Jedi.
- Mace Windu in a lightsaber duel with the Chancellor.
- Mace kicking Palpatine in the face and knocking the red lightsaber out the window.
- Anakin Skywalker arriving in the office.
- Palpatine zapping Mace with lightning bolts from his hands. (Or trying to because Mace blocked it with his lightsaber.)
- Mace attempting to kill Palpatine.
- Anakin slicing off Mace's hand.
- Palpatine zapping and defenestrating Mace to his death.
- Anakin kneeling in front of Palpatine.
- Anakin leaving the office unharmed.
An observer could think, "Whoa! Shit just got real! Palpatine has some real lightsaber moves! How did he learn to swing a blade like that if he aint a Jedi? And he can make lightning bolts with his hands! And then Anakin attacked a Jedi Master!"
It would be enough to make people think Palpatine was a Sith Lord.
Just imagine the news headlines and videos posted all over the galactic internet the next day.
Is there anything in the Disney Canon or Expanded Universe about anybody observing the duel?