If it's Japanese then it may well be "San Ku Kai"
Entry at Wikipedia:
Message from Space: Galactic Wars (宇宙からのメッセージ・銀河大戦 Uchū kara no Messēji: Ginga Taisen)
The model was basically serialized japanified "Star Wars" taking place in a remote solar system (Earth exists but is not directly reachable), with:
- Hayato: a Skywalker guy, swept up in a war as his planet is
invaded by the Evil Empire (see below).
- Ryu: a Han Solo guy, with all the swashbuckling attributes.
- Ape-Man Ballou: a Wookiee guy.
- Tonto: a Robot guy.
- Sofia: a Princess Lady, but not (directly) in distress as she sails space in an actual unarmed Three-Mast ship.
- The Evil Empire: comes from afar like Japan coming into Manchuria, mercilessly exploits the peasants of the solar system and fields a Boss Antagonist with unique powers in each episode. The Top Boss is a mysterious creature driving a non-articulated gigantic golem.
- Collapsible swords (no "light swords", but something like a sword made of T-1000 alloy)
- Space Combat and hand-to-hand combat in abandoned quarries.
- The Hero Spaceship: a donation by The Princess, it can launch two smaller combat ships to engage the enemy individually.
All of the above provided for hours of discussion in school. The daily bosses were quite traumatizing though.
Considering that Star Wars is an americanized Samurai Movie in Space, this kind of inter-cultural ping pong tickles my interest.