I am looking for a book but I cannot remember the name of it the author or any of the characters' names.
I do remember that:
- The main character is a female lead
- She has a magical tattoo on her back
- It takes place in a medieval fantasy setting
- There are many characters with the ability to transform into dragons.
- The book is one of a series but I do not know the series length (though I am sure it is more than three books)
- The first one starts out with the lead living in a village being raised by a wizard. Later, after meeting with several of these dragon shifters the lead leaves her home to travel with them.
- The antagonist in the series is another dragon shifter who I believe throughout the books is after them and frequently contacts the lead through magic.
- The lead will also develop powers in the book and the tattoo on her back will change as the powers form and she accepts them - though the powers will also come with their own personalities.
Any help in finding this book series will be greatly appreciated even if it leads nowhere.