We were discussing the mandela effect at work today, and a coworker insisted he saw an anime movie around 2000-2001 that he could never find ever again.
According to him:
- It had a very similar style to Akira (especially the motorbikes), however it doesn't show up on the history of the studio or artists behind Akira
- The opening scene was a futuristic arcade, where a group of kids went to play a VR game
- Most of the kids were bad at the game, but one kid was exceptionally good
- He was so good that the government hacked into the game to talk to him, and tried to recruit him into working for them, presumably piloting mechs or something similar.
- Post apocalyptic
- City is out in a desert somewhere
- Motorbikes turn into robots
- There was a girl in a "tube" (like a stasis tube, filled with a fluid of some kind)
Will update if I get any more info from him.