This question already has an answer here:
I remember watching an animated movie (part of, because it was incomplete) on a videotape in the 90's. It was a full-length movie, not likely a series. Please help to identify.
- The movie was French (with English subtitles)
- The protagonist is a little boy lost on a jungle planet. His parents have perished before.
- A rag-tag rescue team travels in a spaceship to save him. The team includes a captain, some rogue prince and an old balding man with a patch on his head (and some other people I do not remember)
- The boy communicates with the team using an odd, egg-shape 2-way transmitter.
- The old man knows the planet where the boy is stranded pretty well
- The team lands on some planet which is populated with faceless people. They try to subvert the team, but the Rogue Prince rebels and the power of the faceless people is disrupted, giving the team a chance to fly away.
- The boy makes friends with some elephantine local creature.
Then the tape ended. It did not include any title or opening credits either, as someone tried to jam in as many films on the tape as possible.