I read a book once that was some variation on a fantasy setting with magic and such, but the one factor I recall about it was that the dragons in this world could End - essentially, they turned into stone or some such thing and were impervious, and I think at one point a dragon Ends to keep some supernatural being(s) trapped in a box. The dragon wrapped itself around the being and then Ended.
I will try to think of more details.
EDIT: I had a discussion with my friend. He remembered some of these things, and this is the sum, between us. As a disclaimer, I remember some of this, but I wouldn't have guaranteed it was from the same story. HE said that it was, with surety.
- The story is set in high fantasy
- A main character (The main?) is a female.
- She is travelling with a group of people (mostly men, number unknown)
- One of the men is a huge guy who is a walking arsenal of weapons. At one point she needs to be weapons trained and is given one of the swords he carries.
- In this world there are magical swords, one for each element of magic. Apparently this man carries one of them, largely by accident.
- The prison that is resealed by the dragon Ending is a prison of these evil spirit beings. The beings possess people, and when the person is killed they light into a new body of one of those nearby, unless they are stopped through... some ritual, spell, etc.
- One of them ends up inside the body of a semi invincible golem, posing the problem of an invincible nefarious spirit inside a mostly invincible body.
I hope that these additions help, and do not pose more confusion, or are not mis-remembered from the wrong story. Thanks.