Now to all those who are scrambling to get in first to answer the easiest question ever, I can tell you it's NOT Stephen King's "The Green Mile". I'm absolutely certain I saw it before "The Green Mile" movie and I'm 99% sure I saw it before the book was released.
What I remember:
- I saw it in the late 80s or early 90s.
- It was one of those half hour serial TV shows where a story is built up to a twist, possibly Twilight Zone or Alfred Hitchcock Presents or something similar.
- The condemned man is scheduled to be executed in the coming days/weeks.
- Somehow he is granted the power of healing and heals some of the prisoners and guards.
- The warden hears about it and brings in his young, terminally ill daughter, who the prisoner heals.
- The warden then tries to arrange clemency and/or a pardon. I can't remember if he's successful.