Here is what I remember:
- Read in the late 80's or early 90's.
- Main character is a woman, but as a child, had been gender swapped to male.
- Recently "woke up" as a previous incarnation had been brutally murdered.
- Turns out that there is a male version of herself, an illegal clone.
- Takes place on a space station, so the extra clone is using valuable resources.
- The clone was created by mistake. Some criminals stole several clones and revived them, believing one of them would be worth ransoming.