I read a YA dystopian style book at least a few years ago and I can only recall vague details:
- Girl is running on a virtual treadmill in her room alone, I believe towards the beginning of the book.
- Society in this world may have valued lack of contact with other humans.
- Girls father was high ranking.
- Girl meets an outsider boy, who tries to resist liking her.
- They go to some sort of underground dance club.
- Boy takes her away from her city to an outsider location.
- I believe the girl was important to the boy's group due to the access she could get them to her city because of father's ranking in her society.
- I recall reading this book when it was the only one in the series, but the book felt like it was going to have a second in the series...don't know if that happened or not.
What book is this?