I'm looking for help identifying a series I read in the mid 2000's which was originally published in English.
- There were 3 or 4 books in the series
- It was a fantasy series aimed at probably young teens
- I think there were two main characters who were in their teens (I think one boy and one girl)
- Something was happening in their world (which I'm fairly sure was a pre-industrial world so no electricity etc.), a war or conflict was coming and they had to find a missing sword, helmet, shield (and possibly one other thing) which would help them overcome it
- These objects were hidden in different places in different cities
- One of the objects was hidden at the top of a really big water fountain
- From memory the covers were quite plain, a coloured background with the title and author, and a picture/drawing of the object they were searching for in that particular book in the centre
It's not much to go on, but any help would be much appreciated!