I'm trying to identify a TV sci-fi series that I watched as a kid in the 1970s. The central character was a field agent for a government organisation and the twist was that he was monitored remotely from a control complex called something like "Central Control" or "Central Command". It had a similar feel to Person of Interest: the lone agent battling the forces of evil with the assistance of a backup team.
My memory of it is really vague but bits I do remember:
- It was a US show, imported to the UK
- In colour, I think
- It was shown weekly in the UK, so it must have been a series
- Probably an hour long rather than half an hour
- It used an urban US setting
- The command centre was called "Central Control" or "Central Command"
- The monitoring included heart rate, brain waves, etc. and possibly 2-way communication.
- For a long time I thought the chief scientist at the command centre was played by Burgess Meredith but I now think it was actually someone similar. I might be conflating the actor with Whit Bissel in Time Tunnel though.
Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks in anticipation.