Its a story I read several years ago..: Maybe 5 years ago?
- Kid's father is "forgotten"
- kid try to find him and goes through a portal/doorway accidentally and finds himself in a fantasy land where everything forgotten is sent to.
- I think it revolves around a museum (I think Berlin...)
- There was a desert filled with stones with names on it. And I think it meant that if there was your name there you were forgotten in the real world.
- The bad guy is like erasing the artefacts and people from the museum so the boy tries to save the world
- he gets help from a pegasus and eventually find everyone and happy ending.
- I think the guardian of the doorway was a unicorn (that is ready to stab you...)
- help... I really liked this book but I can't seem to find it.