enter image description here Can someone please figure out what the circular drawing on the picture on the right side of the TARDIS (which I suspect is writing in Gallifreyan as one of their writing types is circular) might say?

  • 1
    There is no usable Gallifreyan writing system. The design team just make stuff up as they go that looks cool.
    – OrangeDog
    Mar 16, 2018 at 11:09
  • 5
    “$60 or best offer. Please contact the artist. Swaps considered, 420 friendly.” Mar 16, 2018 at 13:01

2 Answers 2


According to this Instagram post by the original artist, Lou Wolgast, this was a tattoo concept. As seen in the comments, he believes it's the name of the client.

  • I believe it's written in Sherman's Gallifreyan, a popular fan-developed system documented at shermansplanet.com/storage/Gallifreyan.pdf (PDF, obviously). I can't be bothered to translate it given that it's "just" someone's name.
    – Kevin
    Mar 16, 2018 at 20:53

Circular Gallifreyan cannot be translated effectively, in fact, it's nigh-on impossible. The exact spacing for the lettering is extremely difficult to be measured correctly, and while a series of circles can mean someone's name, one little error can result in the meaning becoming something like sitting on your keyboard. Some day, it may be answered effectively, but for now, it cannot be definitively answered. Sorry to disappoint.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.