I remember reading a short story in first grade (around 20 years ago). I don't have all the details, but from what I remember, it involved the following:
- it was in a medieval setting
- some guy (knight?) tried to impress a lady
- said lady throws something (handkerchief?) at something dangerous (bull? dragon?) and tells the knight to prove his "love" to her by retrieving it
- said knight retrieves the handkerchief
- lady was happy and was about to reward the knight, but the knight throws the handkerchief in her face for playing with his life, and leaves
- there was a crowd that witnessed it, which of course made the lady feel even more embarrassed
Anyone remember the title to that short story?