Back in the 80s I watched a film whose name I've forgotten.
The story was about this:
- There was an old castle that has been repurposed by the last surviving inheritor into a hotel.
- The attracting point for the tourists was that there are ghosts (which was not the case).
- A married couple (unhappy marriage) was one of the few guests there and the owner was almost at bankruptcy.
- Then the owner's ancestors decided to help out and haunt the place for real which brought way more customers.
- The husband of the married couple tried to interfere in one haunt where there was a married couple in one of the bedrooms where the male ghost knifed down the female one as he thought she had betrayed him and then killed himself.
- The female ghost fell in love with the guy for that.
- Later on there was a unscrupulous woman who tried to get the castle for herself.
- In the end the unscrupulous woman died and got together with the ghost husband while the unhappy marriage husband came together with the female ghost who managed to get a body herself again.