After having read a lot of X-Men and 130-200+ and other spin-offs from that time, I had noticed that Wolverine never uses his claws on anyone if it would do real harm. Cut to modern day, and he is slicing people into ribbons.
In the old comic books we are always made to think that Wolverine has no scruples against using them as weapons, and does not care about killing his enemies.
This has made me wonder, what is the first time (in publication order) we see Wolverine use his claws for real?
Here are my rules:
- Wolverine must land a mortal blow, or remove an appendage;
- It has to be on a Marvel comic book;
- It has to be drawn in the panel;
- The victim must not be a robot, a zombie, or anything else weird that does not bleed;
- The victim can't have regeneration.
Let's say this image would count as a proper hit if it was first.
I would love to see the first panel as well as know in what series or year this change occurred.