I'd watched an episode a while ago, but don't know which anime it is from.
- I'd reckon I watched it at least 5 years ago, so a lot of the details in this sub-section are hazy.
- The episode I watched was in English, though I can't remember whether the dubbing was of low or high quality.
- I watched it on TV, very likely on Animax.
- I think it was Japanese-style, Shonen
- Definitely in the fantasy genre. Duelling/battle-oriented, with characters possessing magical powers/abilities
The antagonist could blow light and heavy bubbles, and was extremely powerful. The protagonist gets caught in a light bubble, floats up really high, and a heavy bubble then hits it, causing him to come crashing down. His mentor interferes and catches him. His mentor then gets sent to hell for interfering in a duel. The mentor rises back up from hell, grabs onto the antagonist, and takes him to hell with him (I think he might have said something along the lines of "I'm taking you with me").
- The antagonist, protagonist and mentor were all male. There was possibly one more character, likely female, watching the events unfold.
- I think the antagonoist traps trees (or logs) in bubbles and uses them against the protagonist-- it is possible that these logs (or perhaps they were wooden, log-like spikes?) had something to do with the protagonist's powers, though I don't remember his powers
- The mentor was relatively old, the protagonist young.
- Whent the mentor gets sent to hell, a ring of red light surrounds him. Someone also explicitly says that he interfered in the duel, knowing full well that the penalty was getting sent to hell, though I can't remember who.