In the intro of the movie Contact, we can hear various soundbites: some music, people speaking, theme from TV series like The Twilight Zone, and so on.
Is there a list somewhere of what all the soundbites used for this scene are?
Science Fiction & Fantasy Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for science fiction and fantasy enthusiasts. It only takes a minute to sign up.Sign up to join this community
IMDB's Trivia section contain(ed) this list.
- "Semi-Charmed Life" by Third Eye Blind
- "Wannabe" by The Spice Girls
- "God Shuffled His Feet" by Crash Test Dummies
- "Angry Days" by Lagwagon
- "Obviously a major malfunction..." - Challenger Shuttle disaster
- The theme to "Dallas" (1978)
- "Disco Inferno" by the Tramps
- "Sometimes You Feel Like A Nut..." - Chocolate bar commercial
- "Funkytown" by Lipps Inc.
- Richard Nixon's "I am not a crook" speech
- Walter Cronkite announcing the assassination of President Kennedy
- Neil Armstrong's "One Small Step" speech
- "Yellow Polka Dot Bikini"
- "I Have A Dream..." a Martin Luther King Jr. speech
- Theme from "The Twilight Zone"
- Transition music from "Seinfeld"
- "Broken Wings [by Mr Mister, presumably]
- Senator McCarthy's infamous interrogation question ("Are you now or have you ever been...")
- Douglas MacArthur's "Old soldiers never die..." quote
- Franklin Roosevelt's 8 December 1941 address to Congress ("a date that will live in infamy")
- Theme from The Lone Ranger (1949)
- Song "We're In the Money"
- Opening speech by Adolf Hitler at the German Olympics, being the transmission in history that was aired with sufficient power to escape the Earth's atmosphere.
- White Bird by It's A Beautiful Day
- "Nel blu dipinto di blu" also known as "Volare" by Domenico Modugno
- "Boogie Oogie Oogie" by Taste of Honey
- "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" sung by Judy Garland
- Theme to "The Andy Griffith Show"
- "Please, Mr. Postman" by the Marvelettes