I'm searching for a book I read 10 years ago, from which I remember only a few details:
- In the distant future, the central planets of the galaxy are ruled by a king.
- The main protagonist is an acquaintance of or becomes friends by the end of the book with the ruling prince.
- At some point the main protagonist gets imprisoned/enslaved on an amusement park planet.
- He has a blade/knife which can cut through anything that wasmade from a strange meteor.
- In order to hide the blade he has a sheath inside his body's skin (he can get the blade out by contracting muscles in a special way).
By using the concealed blade he escapes from the amusement park planet (together with a woman he had met there) and, later, meets the prince, who travels in disguise.
The book had a short name, similar to "Orion", "Andromeda" or some other celestial body.