Spoilers ahead, no further warning.
I really, really don't get the Season 2 story arc of Star Trek Discorvery. Can someone help me with making sense out of it?
- The season starts off with 7 red signals appearing in the galaxy.
- Then it's revealed that Spock predicted the exact location of these 7 signals already as a child.
- Then it's revealed that Burnham's mom was time-traveling back to child-Spock, giving him info about the future (which is why he knew about the signals)
- however, it is then revealed that Burnham's mom actually neither knows anything about those 7 signals nor was it her causing them, instead it was Burnham herself in another time-travel suit.
- Burnham then travels back during the climax battle to 5 signal locations (why exactly??) at different times and hence creates them in the first place (or so?), and later creates 2 more (did the creators run out of episodes?).
Seriously how does this make any sense?
Why were 7 signals visible initially simultaneously if they were actually created only at later points in time (destination stardates of burnham's jumps where not the stardate of the initial episode but different points in time)?
How did Spock know about these signals if they were not actually created by Burnhams mom who was the one visiting him as a child?