I've read about hyperspace travel over the years, sometimes to try and answer questions on here, and something I've always come up against is how long any particular hyperspace trip actually takes. I rarely find direct evidence to answer this, and while I understand that it may often either be irrelevant to the plot, or is kept intentionally uncertain, I was wondering if there is any evidence in current Canon to show how long a hyperspace trip actually takes in-universe.
As far as I can tell, hyperspace travel times in the Star Wars galaxy depend on multiple factors such as:
- The class of hyperdrive your ship has
- The origin, the destination, and the distance between them
- The quality of your navicomputer and the information that it will be using to make its calculations
- The route you take and how many times you have to drop out of hyperspace, recalculate, possibly fly a bit to get to a new starting point, and then go back into hyperspace
- Whether you take one of the main hyperlanes, or not
However, this is only 'in theory'. My question has more to do with actual examples of travel time in the Star Wars galaxy, not how long they theoretically take. The consensus that I have found here and elsewhere is that hyperspace trips usually take in the order of hours to days to complete, but are there any specific examples in Canon as to how long particular journeys actually took in-universe?
Note 1: If there are any specific examples from Legends relating to this, please include them as it is useful to understand the practice of hyperspace travel in general, but the emphasis should be on Canon examples (should they exist.)
Note 2: My question may be a duplicate of two other ones I have found on here - I have referenced both of them below and why I think my question is different - but I thought it worth asking just in-case.
- The first question deals with trying to source information for the speed of traversing the entire galaxy in general, which, while helpful, is different from asking for specific examples of hyperspace trip lengths.
- The second question really only deals with how fast a ship can go in hyperspace, which is only one aspect of answering my overall question of sourcing examples of how long specific trips actually took in-universe.
Note 3: This question seems tangential to mine and provides some interesting information as well.