- There was a time-machine (or teleportation machine) in a spherical geodesic shape, made of metal with large panels, it was dark grey or dark blue.
- A pilot used the machine while wearing a spacesuit, the machine shook violently when activated. The pilot was a white american man.
- He was either transformed into the body of a child or replaced with a child, perhaps his younger self, early teenage years. It might be the case that the spacesuit was lost and an unrelated child found it.
- The child walks home down a sidewalk in the oversized spacesuit; This was in a suburb somewhere with a hedgerow on the side of the sidewalk
- The spacesuit had a very large rim around the neck, and correspondingly large hemispherical helmet, it was very baggy on the child.
- I think after the machine's operation the pilot's coworkers started searching for him.
I think I watched this in the late 90s or early 00s on British television, although I'm quite sure it was an American movie, probably from the 90s.