I watched that film about 15-20 years ago.
From what I remember it seemed also to have strong comedy elements. It started with a college (or late high school?) guy who delivers something to a house. There he is seduced by a beautiful vampiress and...bitten.
He then turns into a vampire and gets a visit by an old mentor type vampire who tells him the pros and cons of being a vampire (like aging only 1 year every 10 years and that as he is not a dead living but a living dead sunlight is hurting his eyes a bit, but does not turn him to ash).
From what I then remember:
- He has a best friend who is quite well read
- He tries out his newfound powers.....also trying to hypnotize the girl he likes...but I THINK it didn't work on her....in the end he tries to get her to like him the old fashioned way
- The Vampiress who turned him gets a visit by a vampire hunter and his assistant and seemingly dies when her house burns down.
- The vampire hunters manage to track him down and after much action they corner him on a cemetery where his friend and the girl protect him.
- Suddenly the old vampire turns up as does the vampiress who everyone thought of as dead, and turns the hunter.
- The assistant flees swearing to stay as a vampire hunter to avenge his (now vampire) boss.
- The girl and the main character kiss
That is about all I remember of that film.