In the mid-1980s, the Timberland Regional Library branch in downtown Olympia, Washington had a series of books about some children who discovered that a museum exhibit about dinosaurs could transport them back in time to see real dinosaurs.
Things I can remember:
- There were 3-4 books in the series
- About 3-4 children were involved
- The covers were a bright green, similar to the qwantz.com T-Rex
- The books were slim, probably around 100 pages at most
- At one point the kids took a camera back in time with them, but the film was fogged and unusable when they returned