I believe I read this in 2019 on the Spacebattles forum. I'm probably just using the wrong search terms at the moment. Taylor's shard is of the Tinker variety (basically, advanced science that borders on mad science), specifically as a bio-tinker. I was reminded of it when reading a chapter of "Madgirl in a Wormverse" (a fanfic which takes a much more silly direction) when they were commenting on how drawing too much powers, or suddenly having zero utility bills, is how Tinkers usually get found out. In this fanfic, Taylor starts off with the ability to create some very simple creatures, I think gelatinous in form, that can travel along sewer pipes and collect materials. I think. Eventually, she comes up with more advanced forms, but that's what she starts with. She does figure out ways to generate energy and/or build more advanced computing facilities, but is careful to not change the resources going into, and out of, her house. I think she has Danny's help in figuring out ways to not be suspicious.
Other things I vaguely remember:
- She starts getting internet access through a cable wormed through the sewer tunnels into the library, figuring that it will help throw people off if/when someone starts tracing her internet activity.
- When her shard is active, she has a very different, somewhat amoral, personality. Part of what Danny does is try to rein her in to avoid her killing/maiming people because they get in her way.
- I think that, early on, she kidnaps Lisa/Tattletale, and holds her hostage on a ship in the graveyard.
- Later on, she gives Lisa a suit of armor that's a living organism.
- I think she winds up taking down Coil by infiltrating creatures into his water system that can mess with operations.
- I think there's a scene where she messes up the biological interface for the armor, and nearly dies using herself as a test subject, leading her to realize that she needs people to work with her.
- I'm not 100%, but I think she does ally with Amy/Panacea, which gives her even better control over her biological constructs.
- I think she calls the initial creatures "turtles". The creatures that infiltrated Coil's base might have been named "jellyfish"? And I feel like one set were dubbed "ants".