I only read the synopsis a few months ago in a recommendation list online and wanted to find the book again.
What I'm sure about: The plot was basically that the current day UK or England decides (or is forced by an extremist group of citizens) to go back to a very traditional society, medieval age style, without technology.
Additional info I think I remember but take it with a grain of salt:
- The change was done by a political group that had enough of today's society
- The title might have the word "age" in it, the one that I think I remembered was Dark Age but it's obviously not the right book.
- The synopsis had some religious theme in it as if religion was the new deciding order or the main antagonist was a religious person.
- This book was maybe recommended in one of those "books to read while in lockdown"
- It felt like it was fairly recent (maybe it was in a 2018-2020 books recommendations)
It is not the Handmaid's Tale as it was happening in the UK/England and technology was also forbidden and it is not Peter Dickinson's Changes Trilogy (the change of society was a decision, not an accident, and I don't think it was a children's book).