I read a ebook story once, it was pretty short I think, but it was pretty funny. I think the cover had some sort of 8-bit type art on a white background but I might be wrong. I read it a few years ago but I'm not sure when it was published. Here's what I can remember;
- Starts with a kid who wants to go buy a video game, but he's short $20 because somebody took some
- So he starts a yard sale and sells his dads old video game console
- Jump ahead some, as he leaves the video game store his dad runs up to him and says something, then gets pulled into a car with some evil guys who drive away
- I think he meets his friend about this time, who has braces and there was something about rubber bands, I think?
- His friends dad also had an old video game console, which he needs for something
- Somehow ends up inside the game console which is some government computer dealio thing
- Gets some sort of secret information, then gets out somehow
- Needs to be hypnotized for some reason
- Starts seeing words scroll on walls
- President does some kind of secret code speech
- Battle against a robo cockroach, a weird dog thing hybrid and their owners
- Something about magic string?
And that's all I remember right now. Any idea what story this is?