What I already know about Pike
I've never seen TOS, so I know Captain Pike mostly from the Kelvin films. However, being a trek fan on the internet, I've gleaned some info hear and there about Pike
- I know he was captain of the USS Enterprise before Kirk
- Something about being captured on Talos
- I know this was all part of the original TOS pilot episode "The Cage" and later reworked into TOS somehow
What am I expected to already know about Pike
I just watched DIS season 2 episode 7 "Light and Shadows" and Burnham and Spock are I guess headed to Talos and I get this feeling that maybe I'm supposed to know more about Pike and Talos before this. DIS takes place before TOS so I just always assumed that TOS wasn't "required reading" before watching DIS.
- Does any TOS Pike stuff occur before this?
- Is there any TOS Pike stuff I'm supposed to know before continuing with DIS season 2?
- If so, what TOS episode(s) am I supposed to watch before continuing with DIS season 2?